The Ravenswood is a wedding venue in Sussex in the South of England. We offer civil ceremonies for up to 150 guests and evening receptions for up to 300.
With 18 acres of land, a Getting Ready Room to start the day, a Honeymoon Suite for the happy couple to end a perfect day, and a further 33 bedrooms, The Ravenswood is the perfect venue to have a wedding.
To help you decide if The Ravenswood is the venue for you, here are the basics:
The Ravenswood is a beautiful 15th Century Manor House located in the rolling countryside of Sharpthorne, in the heart of the Ashdown Forest, West Sussex. (Seriously, it’s beautiful). We offer civil ceremonies for up to 150 guests and evening receptions for up to 300. We have 18 acres of land, a Getting Ready Room, Honeymoon Suite, a further 33 bedrooms and exquisite menus catering for all dietary requirements. And the best bit…. every wedding we have has exclusive use of the function rooms and grounds!
Night-before wedding stay
In addition to the above, we have the cosy Rosewood Cottage for nearly-weds and your wedding party to spend the night before the wedding. Sleeping up to 8 people Rosewood Cottage comprises 4 double bedrooms, a lounge/dining area and a fully fitted kitchen.
The Princess Beatrice Suite
- The Princess Beatrice Suite can seat up to 150 guests and hold up to 300 guests in the evening including space for a dancefloor.
- You are welcome to decorate and dress the room from 9am of the day of your wedding.
- This is the room you will have your wedding breakfast; it will then be transformed into the perfect evening reception.
- On the day of your wedding, you have access to the Getting Ready Room from 8am.
- Suppliers have access to the venue from 9am the morning of your wedding to set up.
- Your guests are welcome to arrive one hour before your ceremony time. Please note check in time for guests’ bedrooms is 3pm.
Your Evening Reception
- We have a music license until midnight
- Your band or DJ are asked to set up their equipment before your wedding
- We have a resident DJ you can use for your evening entertainment.
- We are lucky enough to have a fabulous gardener who keeps our grounds beautiful all year round.
- We allow lawn games and inflatables to keep you guests entertained throughout the day.
- Our grounds host a boat house, ruins, bird cage, four lakes, a secret garden and a little castle.
That’s All Great, But How Much Does It Cost?
Call our weddings team on 01342 810216.