WO LICENSED CEREMONY SPACES
INTIMATE FOR UP TO 30 OR LARGE FOR UP TO 150
There is no one size fits all when it comes to our weddings; every couple has their own vision when it comes to their special day! It is not just the traditional style wedding day that we can accommodate – we also offer intimate or twilight receptions.
The Lion’s Den is the perfect setting for a small ceremony with your closest family and friends. Following your ceremony, your guests can enjoy reception drinks within the Long Bar whilst you capture those all-important photographs!
You and your guests will then be guided to our private dining room within the Lion Inn, known as ‘The Suite’. A sumptuous 3-course party menu will be offered, and your guests have the freedom of choosing from this menu on your special day.
Why not the continue the celebration and invite additional evening guests for a party in the Lion House!
FOR YOUR DREAM WEDDING DAY
Flexibility is key! But if you are looking for some advice on timings for your Lion House wedding, their co-ordinators have prepared a useful guide
FOR YOUR DREAM WEDDING DAY…
- Flexibility is key! But if you are looking for some advice on timings for your Lion House wedding, our co-ordinators have prepared a useful guide:
- 1.30PMYour guests begin arriving and are ushered into our beautiful ceremony room. The first interview with the registrars commences for one of the wedding couple.
- 1.45PMAll guests are ushered into the ceremony room, and the second interview with the registrars commences for the other member of the wedding couple.The ceremony procession is briefed in the bar area, and your co-ordinator prepares your ceremony music!
- 2.00PMYour ceremony takes place in the beautiful, light filled garden room.
- 2.30PMReception drinks & canapes served in our private courtyard garden, or if the weather is inclement, our art deco bar area. Photo time!
The Lion team transform the ceremony room in to your elegant dining area.
- 3.45PMGuests are ushered in to the dining room and the wedding couple are announced in to the room!
- 4.00PMYour sumptuous wedding breakfast is served.
- 6.00PMToasting drinks served… it’s time for speeches!
- 6.45PMGuests vacate dining room and staff once more transform the area for your evening party.
- 7.00PMEvening guests arrive.
- 7.30PMTime to cut the cake and perform your first dance. The Party starts!
- 8.30PMYour delicious evening food catering is served.
- 11.30PMThe music concludes and bar closes. Time for farewells.
- MIDNIGHTGuests make their way to their luxurious hotel room for an amazing nights sleep…
Functions and Parties
Whether you’re celebrating that big birthday or a special anniversary, the Lion House can be tailor made for you! With canapes, buffets or sit-down options available, your party co-ordinator will guide you through the planning process to arrange an event guaranteed to entertain your guests!
FROM 60 TO 150 GUESTS
A MULTIFUNCTIONAL SPACE, BOASTING LOTS OF CHARM & CHARACTER
ONE OF THE BEST CONFERENCE VENUES IN ESSEX
IDEALLY LOCATED ALONG THE A12 CORRIDOR
Ideally situated along the A12 corridor, just a few minutes from Junction 19, The Lion Inn and House are easily accessible to your invited delegates.
All of our meeting spaces are on the ground floor, are fully accessible, WIFI* enabled and fully air conditioned for your comfort.
Complimentary parking is available on-site and we have 23 boutique hotel rooms available for those wishing to stay.
The Lion House
Main Road, Boreham
Chelmsford, Essex CM3 3JA
Telephone: 01245 394900 Ext 3